Friday, April 22, 2016

Musical Emotions

Think about it.  What is the soundtrack of your life?  What songs inspire you?  Enrage you?  Comfort you?  Allow you to be yourself?  Release you?  Allow you to cry?  
I could go on, but I think you get the picture.  I want the bloggers and readers to think about the following emotions:

Anger/ Rage

Sadness

Happiness

Loneliness

Comfort

Relief

Pride

Loss

Think about how you deal with each emotion, or a moment in time where you felt this emotion.  What was that moment?  What were you going through?  How old?  
Many deal with life and emotions through music: an artist/ song/ album.  For this post please take each of the emotions listed above (or others, if you want to talk about them) and write a little blurb about each one.  What was your experience with this emotion?  I then would like you to tag a musical piece to the emotion.  At least one song or artist.  Briefly explain why the song/ artist fits with your particular emotion, then please either attach the music video (through a link) or attach a picture that show this song/ artist that is related to the emotion.

READERS and BLOGGERS: This is a multiple week project.  We will tackle one of the emotions each week on our blog.  The posts will reflect the emotion of the week.  Thanks for reading.

This week it pained me to learn that a musical genius passed away.  He was an inspiration to me during all emotional phases of my life.  I was introduced to him by a very good friend of mine, named Kevin.  I met him my freshman year at Penn State.  Kevin had a giant wall poster of this musical artist and how I knew the artist, I never really paid much attention to this artist.  Kevin played the music in his room and often talked about how influential this artist was to him.  I had a lot of respect for Kevin and appreciated his kindness, wisdom and time he took to get to know me, a freshman.  I was lonely and missing my family and had a hard time making friends (first time in my life) and this sophomore took the time to get to know me and help me out (in a time when I was really struggling).  First of all, thank you Kevin for that.  Secondly, thank you for introducing me to this icon in music, that I never gave a chance of liking.  It was through Kevin's kindness that I became introduced to this artist and have enjoyed his music ever since that lonely fall in 1993, my freshman year at PSU.  I have listened to this artist's music during all phases of emotions listed above.  I will be dedicating this blog to my friend Kevin, but also to the artist Kevin introduced me too.  The artist I am speaking of is none other than Prince.  The loss of a true legend.  For the final emotion listed above (loss), I will be doing a multiple song example.  This truly is an emotion I am feeling at this time.




No comments:

Post a Comment